Friday, November 21, 2008

I did it!

Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since I've written. We have been so busy at work that I've been just way too tired to even think of what to write on here. Good news, though. I did it! ... after MUCH prayer I gave my resignation at work. Not an easy thing to do. I have loved my job...and yes, sometimes even hated my job...but the people I work with have to be some of the most wonderful people in the world to work with and to call my friends. They are always willing to stop what they're doing and jump in and help wherever there's a need. They are hard workers and have such a heart for others and are wonderful, godly examples in my life. They are very inspirational to me. That was the hard part of the job to leave. Plus there have been many other rewarding parts of the job. Especially all the people I've gotten to know and work with over the last 5 plus years. Like the people that worked in the same building with us when we were at the Rec Center and the people that come in to the office for different reasons or have volunteered and been such a blessing to me and to others that I've had the privilege of getting to know. There are also the things that I learned while on the job. It has stretched me in ways that I never would have thought and to do things I don't think I would've done, like leading a ladies Bible study or praying out loud in front of a group of people or organizing things that needed to be done. Yes, there have been good things about the job but it has also been very life consuming in that I'm too mentally exhausted some days to feel like doing anything after I'm off or I've had to work so late that I don't have time to do the special things I'd like to do anyways. But my friend that I'm training to take over for me seems more organized than me so hopefully the job won't consume her like it has me. She is very smart and is a quick learner and one of the wonderful, godly people that I've worked with all this time so she knows the way things work around there already.
A friend just passed away about a month ago now and she had said she had a lot of things that she wanted to do with her life and then she was gone. That breaks my heart. I know that after that she also said that she was ready, that she knew where she was going and that she'd had a wonderful life but it really got me thinking more seriously about my "life consuming" job. I'd like to make a difference in other's lives, to be a blessing to others, to enjoy the life God has given me without "living to work". I know with the economy being the way it is that it may not "seem" like the best time to be quitting a job but I feel like it's God's time for me to and that far outweighs everything else. I also realized that even though I may be leaving the job that I still have the friendship with the people I work with and I can still stop by and help them out with different things around there and still get together and do other fun things with them. I told my boss that I could stay until the end of the year since this is such a busy time of year and to get someone trained. Then since I won't be sitting behind a desk most of the day I'm looking forward to maybe getting into shape (hopefully) and spending time with my new granddaughter playing with my grandsons and making cards and painting pictures, snow skiing, NOT! (this is more what I'd look like if I went skiing). I also want to finally get my house thoroughly cleaned and do some projects to fix up the house and spend time hanging out with friends again although I do have another job lined up already but one that I can do in my time and leave the job there when I'm done ... and pays more...woo hoo! Okay, that's not really what it's all about but that is a nice bonus as well. I really do want to be available for what God has for me to do.

Blessings,

No comments: