Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Friend Ross

I know it's been a little bit since I posted. I had every intention of writing about our Thanksgiving and different things but we just lost one of our good friends to a motorcycle accident the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Needless to say, I haven't felt like writing much at all. What do you say? We were supposed to spend Thanksgiving at my sister's house but just didn't feel like celebrating much plus we would have had to drive right past where our friend had just died. I know Ross loved the Lord and is at home with Him but he was only 46 and still has two kids at home. He has two older ones as well and a precious brand new grandson that he was so proud of. I visited with his wife for a while Thanksgiving morning. Then after my husband and I talked it over we decided we would go on and go to my sister's. We did have a nice time there with family and got to spend fun time with my grandsons which we always enjoy so it was good we went. Our friend, Ross, loved his family, loved being on his motorcycle, loved writing poems, loved taking pictures and loved the Lord. He was so quick witted and funny. He always had a different way of looking at things that would just crack you up. He was quick to help you out if you needed it. He was extremely smart and like I told him sometimes too smart for his own good. He was also tender hearted when it came to things with his family and for such a "tough talking" guy he could be in tears in an instant when it concerned his family. He leaves behind 2 sons and 2 daughters and his not quite 2 month old grandson who was born about 3 months early. My daughter said that she wondered if since God knew Ross' time if maybe that was why the baby was born so early so that maybe Ross could get to spend all the time with him that he did. He was very proud of the little guy. I thought that was a good thought to have. I know he definitely brought joy to his Papa's heart. I want to share a couple of pictures with you that made me think of Ross. The first two are of the front and back of signs at a veterinary clinic in town. I thought the vet's sense of humor was something that Ross would have laughed at.






Ross' funeral was today so the other pictures I want to share are of the sky tonight. I guess they made me think of him because I figured he'd have been right out there with his camera getting pictures of these if he'd been here.











This last one that I'll share with you tonight is of the moon and the planets Venus and Jupiter. They didn't show up real clear with my camera but you can see them. They are the two little specks on the picture. We had forgotten that you were supposed to be able to see these all together until we heard it on the radio on the way home. I just thought this was cool to be able to see it tonight. You may have to click on the picture to see it bigger but they really are there. It's not just dust on your computer screen. ;-)



We will sure miss our good friend and the joy & laughter he brought.

No comments: