Friday, January 9, 2009

Scripture Memory

Okay, like I said yesterday, I'm slow. Beth Moore and Living Proof Ministries are memorizing 2 Scriptures a month. They started on the 1st and will do another verse on the 15th. Pick a Scripture that speaks to your heart. Then go over to her site and sign up. She said it's still not too late to join them so I did. She even gives some great tips on how to memorize Scripture. Like Beth said, even if you don't memorize very well, you have still meditated on His Word all throughout the year and you will be blessed!
I chose 2 Corinthians 10:5, "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
She said to pick one that speaks to your heart and this is one that I need to deal with. My thoughts can wander all over the place and they can be somewhat critical and judgmental (not only of others but myself as well) and that's not what God wants me to do with my mind. I am to think on those things in Phil. 4:8 which should probably be the next Scripture I need to memorize. Then perhaps I will need to find a verse or two on not being so late...hmmm....

No comments: